Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ten random things

A friend mentioned I hadn't posted anything recently. I have had a lot of things I want to post about but like no energy to write about them. I meant to make this post last night but I ended up catching up with the blogs I follow and made several comments but no post here. So real quick here are ten random things I'm thinking about or that have happened to me recently.

1. Opened a savings account. I'm a 27 almost 28. It's been about seven years since I had a savings account. I haven't felt this secure about money for a long time.

2. I'm thinking of getting this.

3. I need keys to the store I work at. As someone who closes and locks up about two or three times a week I need to have them. I may kidnap my boss's keys and make copies tomorrow.

4. I intend to go see Watchmen. I read the graphic novel years ago I really liked it but haven't read it since. I glanced through a copy at the bookstore in the mall and it was as good as I remembered it being.

5. I finished Braid. The ending makes you think about lots of things that I need to write into a seperate post.

6. I've started watching tv again in a bit of an experiment.

7. I saw a bit of the new Real World on MTV. I've never really been a fan of the show. I accidently selected it in the program guide. It popped on screen while I selected what I really wanted to watch. I changed the channel pretty quickly but not before hearing, "..mantain vaginal depth.." In about half a second I remembered that I had read about there being a transwoman on the show. I changed it back and watched the rest of the show. I might keep watching it just for her but the preview for next episode shows her talking about leaving because she can't pay her rent.

8. I'm trying to decide what I want to do about my twitter. I don't use it very often and I've almost stopped reading the tweets of those I follow but there are a few people I don't have any other contact for and wouldn't want to not know them.

9. I'm having trouble writing the story I started in the Storytime posts. I have this idea of what story I want to tell but its like this shape in my mind. I can see all of it but I can't see the shapes that make it up.

10. I just watched this again and downloaded it so I can have a copy. It's Neil Gaiman reading some stories from his book Fragile Things and answering questions. I know I've posted it before on my LJ but I haven't posted it here and Neil is an exelent speaker and reader.

So thats ten things and now I need to hurry to not be late to work.

Bye and lots of hugs to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment