Thursday, February 5, 2009

Going to the Movies

This weekend three movies are being released that I am excited enough about to want to see in the theater. In order of excitement: Coraline, 
Fanboys and Push.


Coraline because I love Neil Gaiman's stories and the look of the film is stunning. 

You know I have been interested in seeing how far 3D movies have come. I had consider seeing My Bloody Valentine but was very reluctant to due so because it is a horror movie and I'm not much of a horror movie fan. I understand Coraline is supposed to have some scary bits but I feel Henry Selick, Neil Gaiman and everyone who worked on Coraline will deliver a good story that just happens to be in 3D rather than a movie that depends on being in 3D to be good.




Fanboys because it looks like a fun geeky road trip romp.
Looking at this poster you can see it was origanaly slated for a 2007 release.  Yep I have been patiantly waiting two years for this movie.









Push I only heard about and saw the trailer a few days ago but it likes like a superhero movie but doesn't have the baggage of having fanbase it has to please.  My only concern with Push is that the characters will fail to use their abilities with a measure of common sense.


 


Only Coraline and Push wil be opening at my local theater. After very little thought I have purchased a ticket for the earliest showing of Coraline, to hopefully avoid a theater full of kids.

I'll be back with a review of the movie Friday night or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment