Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is coming up in a little more than a week. In past years I've barely been aware that the day was coming. I've had little reason to keep track of it due to being single. It's a bit depressing for me to think about Valentine's day. I mean it's a day dedicated to expressing your love for your significant other, which leaves single people somewhat out in the cold.

This year is a bit different. No, I have not fond my true love or even just a love. What makes this year different is where I am working. The store I'm working for now sells cookie cakes and for Valentine's Day we sell heart shaped cookie cakes that come in gold and red foiled heart shaped boxes (they're very nice looking). This is the busiest time of the year for the store I've been told. We're expecting to sell around 250 heart cookie cakes and around 300 regular cakes over a period of four days. With that much business and due to my new position as team leader I'm going to be working open to close, fifteen hours, for most of next week. This is going to result in a very nice check. It will also mean I will have little to no free time during the days leading up to Valentine's Day.

The next part of my ongoing story is swimming in my brain. I am hoping to write and post it before V-week begins. In any event expect me to drop off the net around the 10th or 11th and to be back after the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment