Friday, May 29, 2009

Work Update

Turns out that I will be going alone to Houston to learn how to make pretzels. Our regional manager decided that the cookie store couldn't do without both me and my manager. While I think she is wrong, I understand her not wanting to leave the store with less than half the management team. It hasn't been said but I think the reason I'm going is because I'll be the one actually running the pretzel store. I will have to teach my manager and anyone else that works there how to do everything. Suddenly I see several days of working opening to close until I have a well trained team. I see myself working to exhaustion. I see myself loving every moment.

I feel giddy at the thought of running a store by myself. I know that I'll still be answering to my manager but it's mostly going to be my show. This is something that I have never imagined happening.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! Congratulations Gil :D maybe this means you can move out and have your own place to go to after you're all settled.

    ReplyDelete