Thursday, April 30, 2009

Comics reading day

Today was my day off. I spent it reading comics and looking up characters on Wikipedia. I'm slowly getting caught up on what's been happening in the X-Men comics over the past few years. I've been avoiding all but a handful of books but yesterday I got into a discussion about comics with a coworker.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I've read through Young X-Men and X-23's two origin comics. Oh, I just looked at the newest Uncanny X-Men issue and Northstar is back from the dead and not a psychotic killer anymore, so yeah! For those that don't know Northstar is one of the more famous gay superheros who was killed, brought back as a brainwashed killer and then killed again. He might have been brought back and killed one more time but I'm not sure.

I'm tempted to read through Civil War and Secret Invasion. I dropped out of comics just before Civil War really got started due to having no money to spend on comics and having not yet discovered torrented comics. I will not be looking at any post Brand New Day Spider-Man comics. If you don't know what Brand New Day is I envy you and will not spoil your innocence. It's just horrible and utter rubbish and just horrible. Trust me don't Google it, don't ask your friends, just forget I ever mentioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment