Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Resolutions

New year, new beginnings. Or so we like to hope. In actuality, (Insert percent of resolutions broken each year)% of resolutions are broken each year. I personally have never placed much stock in New Year's resolutions and have historically never made them.

Until last year, when I made the resolution to make some progress with my transition. And I have. Over the past year I started hormones, went to my first laser appointment, and came out to me parents. This year I'm making the same resolution to continue to make progress toward transitioning.

Of course this year I also suffered a bit of a set back when I quit my job. I had to stop hormones and cancel future laser treatments but I have never thought I would not restart both.

It's been two and a half months since I got my current job. It's only in the last couple of weeks that my paychecks have fallen so that I got one at a time that nothing need to be paid and I would get another before anything would need paying. Thus a 'free' check that I could use as I wish with no regrets. So I've decided to take this chance to restart hormones.

Crossposted to my personal journal gillian-y.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment