Friday, November 19, 2010

Quick Update 11-19

My life has settled into a new rhythm. It's been a little less than two weeks but it feels like I've been staying with J and her family for much longer.

Not much has happened lately. I've been feeling a little down but I know why this time. Tomorrow is Transgender Day of Remembrance. All my trans and feminist blogs have something to say about it. In the end I just end up reminded that being trans means I'm more likely to be killed or to kill myself, which feeds my depression. I just read something that said 175 transgender people(that have been reported as transgender) have been killed since last Transgender Day of Remembrance. That works out to almost one every other day.

When I started this blog I launched on TDOR with an article about those killed during the previous year. I tried to find out who they were. I wanted to tell 'their' story not the story of how they died. It took me several days of wading through numerous articles. I cried a lot while reading them. It hurt to read about people who were just living their lives and then they didn't get to anymore because someone else didn't want them to. Last year I was in a really bad place and wasn't even reading a lot of blogs because they were just making me feel worse. This year I thought I would do it again but I couldn't. I opened up a bunch of articles but couldn't bare to read them.

On a different topic I've been watching AMC's The Walking Dead and loving it. I've also been playing the zombie maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops. So I'm getting my daily recommended dose of zombies.

Till next time
Gilly

No comments:

Post a Comment