Monday, October 12, 2009

Another update brought to you by the Wii

Still haven't got a usb keyboard but pointing at letters is not as bad as using a thumbstick at least in my opinion.

News item - I got a cat or to be more accurate she found me last week on my way to wash clothes. She just came out of nowhere and started meowing loudly while following me. When I saw her blindly run across the street yo follow me, I knew I either had to take her home or well, at that point I couldn't see an alternative.

I decided to name her Pia, which is short for pain in ass. She has lived up to her in the past week. She cries alot when I'm not around, which is to be expected what with her being in a new place. She does stop if someone is around but does start up again when she sees me come in the room.

Thought item - Wednesday will mark one year at my current job. I should be making this post then but I will probably not feel like doing it then.

One year ago I was just about to run out of money after taking a month long 'vaction' after quitting my previous job, which paid well but was also stressing me out to the point of having panic attacks. So I set out to find a job and lucked out and got hired my first day job hunting.

Now one year later I'm the assistant manager to the store, I'm a salaried employee, I'm in charge of the pretzel shop the company added to the cookie store, this week I'm training two people to run a second pretzel shop in another city and next month I will be there to help them open it.

I feel like so much good stuff has happened jobwise for me but on a personal level I feel like I've been standing still. I've formed strong bonds with the people that I work with. They feel like family most of the time. But I still have not come out to them. I know I don't have to but doesn't feel right to hide who I am from them. I'm scared that the fear of losing everything I've accomplished in the last year will be for nothing when I'm fired after coming out as trans. I don't know that will happen.

Ok lets try a little positive thinking. Best case senario - I tell my boss and he backs me 100%, I transition and stay working a job Iove and with people I love. It feels like a future that could be if I if I'm brave enough to reach for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment